2019 Viña Chocalan ORIGEN Chardonnay - Gran Reserva 0.75 Ltr. Blanco
picture of

Yellow with green tones. Mineral and fruity aromas bring complexity. There are hints of Mango, pear, almonds and white floral notes. On the palate, the wine is fresh, fruity and slightly salty. Elegant, delicate yet long finish. AWARDS: 93 points from Descorchados, the wine guide for wines from South America, Gold Médaille from the prestigious "Chardonnay du Monde 2017" for the Chardonnay 2016.

Serve at 8oC. It goes great with oysters, fishcarpaccio, Parma ham.,Goat Cheese with chilli. Green Salads.

climate

Temperate, yet slightly colder Mediterranean climate, with a strong maritime influence, due to the proximity of the Pacific Ocean and Maipo riverregulated by the refreshing breezes from the Pacific ocean

soil

Dark brown clay

vinification

Grapes are handpicked. Clusters get a neat selection before going directly into the press, in which the maceration in the must takes place. Alcoholic fermentation with selected yeasts takes place in stainless steel tanks . 60% of the wine ferments in these steel tanks, while the remaining 40% in barrels ferments. The wine is made on it's lees, using battonage. There was no malolactic fermentation

€ 16.57

(price per unit)

€ 13.81
(from 6 of the same type)
vintage
2019
title
ORIGEN
class
Chardonnay - Gran Reserva
region
Maipo Valley
country
Chili
color
Blanco
alcohol
13.50 %
Ltr.
0.75